Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beat Girl


I stumbled across a great music site today with many soundtracks for trashy or tacky movies. So many memories, so I had to go check out one of my guilty pleasures. I was sixteen when this came out and I know I enjoyed it at the time, maybe not so critical back in those days.

I wonder if Gillian Hills got the part because of her resemblance to Brigitte Bardot?

But here are a couple of clips from "Beat Girl" made in 1959 or 1960. Adam Faith was the "teenage sensation star" of the movie and Christopher Lee was the bad guy as ever. Also starting out with a small part as a Young Tough was Oliver Reed.

But the main joy is the John Barry soundtrack. This was a few years before the first James Bond movies, but you can spot where the Bond theme came from.


Opening Credits


The inevitable hip dance scene make sure to check out Oliver Reed in the plaid shirt

"Hey you kids, the bands in if you want to jive?"


Part of the original promo
Post a Comment